Aragon @ Westmoor – League Dual Meet
We had three meets this week. The whole team competed against Aragon at home in a very competitive dual meet. Aragon is always a tough team because they have a solid program with numbers. The meet was close in the boys but Aragon was able to get the win. The Lady Rams, however, wouldn’t let go of their winning streak, going nearly 5 years now without losing a dual meet. How long will they be able to hold on?
Varsity Lady Ram Event Winners:
- Seira Tanaka – Long Jump, Triple Jump
- Kylie Goo – 800, 1600
- Bridgette Okugbe – 400
- Flora Wang – 3200
- Marichel Mendoza – Pole Vault
Varsity Boys Event Winners:
- Atzin Cardiel – 1600, 3200
- Andrew So – Discus
- Anthony Balancio – High Jump
- Dominic Chavarria – Pole Vault
Here are the results from the newspaper:
Current record: VB (2-2) VG (4-0)
Frosh/Soph Top8 @ Los Gatos High School
Friday we took our Frosh/Soph athletes who have been competing at the Varsity Level in league meets to the fun and challenging F/S Top 8 meet. Their marks were impressive and didn’t let us down.
- PRs by Daniel Figueroa (1600), Victor Bautista (3200)
- Tiara Cobbins – 4th in the Shot
- Mimi Chang – 5th in the 100 hurdles
Kylie Goo at Stanford
Saturday Kylie ran a mile at Stanford. She won her heat with a huge lead and a personal best of 5:02. Had she been in the first heat I have no doubt she would have broken 5:00. Great job Kylie!