We will be meeting for the Lowell Invitational at Speedway Meadows in Golden Gate Park at 8:00 am. We don’t have busses for this meet so it is each athlete’s responsibility to get there on his/her own. I strongly encourage figuring this out ahead of time so that you aren’t scrambling to find a ride at the last minute. I also encourage you to speak with teammates who you can carpool with. Getting picked up on time is also very important. The last race is at 2:30 so plan on being picked up at 3pm. You should plan to be there for the entire meet. Westmoor supports each other when our teammates are running a race. If you must leave early one of you parents/guardians must park and come down to the meet to see me before I can let you go.
There are several ways of getting there from Westmoor but I would recommend this route:
- Start out by going North on Skyline Blvd (CA 35)
- Make a left to continue onto the Great Highway
- Follow the great Highway all the way to Golden Gate Park
- Turn Right onto John F. Kennedy Blvd.
- After 1/2 mile you need to turn left to stay on John F. Kennedy
- Continue for 1.2 miles to drop off location
Here is what the Drop-off and Pick-up spot looks like:
To get to Westmoor’s area just walk down the paved path, turn to the right when you hit the grass, and you will see our stuff not far down the meadow. If you get lost there will be a lot of athletes and coaches walking around who you can ask. I will also be there early to set up a spot.